WE’RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT - MICHAEL ROSEN & HELEN OXENBURY
A children’s classic! A father takes his children on a bear hunt, only to find that it wasn’t all that they expected it would be.
Ever since I was a small child this was one of my favourites. My mum would sit me down and the words would almost be sung from her mouth in a way that kept me so entertained.
The repetitive style of the writing means that children easily pick it up and can get involved. Max sits and dances whilst I read it then waves his arms or runs about to the actions depending on whether we are going through wavy grass or a deep dark forest.
The great thing about picture books is that the illustration and the topics are normally timeless, something that can be passed on from generation to generation. This is one of those books that will continue to please children.
The contrast in black and white images to the coloured action ones is really great. It shows Max in particular that he needs to wait until he can do the action around the house. But it also gives the sense of continuity for the parent that you can read this with your eyes closed (or even half asleep shhh!)
If you don’t have this then I urge you to add it to your collection. There’s just something special about it.
It’s in paperback and cd format prices about £6.99
- bibliophilictendencies likes this
- hereilay-justlikealways likes this
- undercover-mama likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- parentingthewayweseeit likes this
- kitkatloves likes this
- go-mo-go likes this
- lepetitbeetl likes this
- wearestarsx likes this
- wolvernome likes this
- sugarsnailsandacurlytail likes this
- 6impossible likes this
- thereisagumnutupmynose likes this
- pawprintsandbookmarks likes this
- sixyellownotebooks likes this
- mquester likes this
- ohheyitsmeyourbestfriendstewart likes this
- tinyyhumanchronicles likes this
- ana-and-oliver reblogged this from sweetpeafairies and added:
- tumblusmaximus likes this
- littlepeople-biglove likes this
- sweetpeafairies reblogged this from goodnightbook and added:
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- goodnightbook posted this